We've modeled our church after that great church in Acts 11 and 13 called "Antioch" because they valued the formation of bible-believing followers of the Lord Jesus Christ who graciously spread the gospel.
We call ourselves Shelby Center Church because of where we carry out that great tradition. Living in unity, fervent in charity, and growing in maturity are shared values here at Shelby that reveal what the gospel truly is: Life-changing.
When you visit you can expect a more relaxed environment along with a warm welcome from people sharing different life circumstances, occupations, and level of spiritual development. We're different in a refreshing way.
We've intentionally avoided the "institutional" or "denominational" feel in favor of church that is more like family and values time together in God's word. Amid the rapid changes society is embracing, we're keeping a few healthy traditions in church without being old fashioned or stale. You'll notice the difference a mix of tradition and lively hope make in the life of the church.
The coffee is always hot and most of us wear casual to business casual attire. We look forward to being together and are not in a hurry. So please feel free to join us for fellowship before and after our services. We share a bring-a-dish meal on Sundays for those who wish to stay and a hearty snack time afterwards on Wednesday nights.
We seek to unite young and old in meaningful ministry and worship. Lively singing in praise to our Lord beside people of all ages and backgrounds makes our time together rich. We sing the great hymns of the faith with hearts of gratitude to the God of the gospel who made us free!
Bible-believing tradition and family-centered worship meet in compelling community at Shelby Center Church because we:
- Worship Together. Regardless of age or marital status each generation makes vital contributions to our spiritual formation when we interact and worship together. We seek to display what the gospel does: A transformed life in healthy fellowship with the family of God.
- Spend Time Together. We're growing a community of believers that cares well for and serves others by building trust and genuine love. We enjoy our time together. Our services are less formal leaving time for testimonies, laughter, sharing needs, prayer, an abundance of singing, and instruction from God's word.
- Grow in Grace and Knowledge Together. Producing genuine followers of Jesus is why we exist. We are non-denominational, unincorporated, and intentionally different from other churches. Free of boards and committees, financial pressures, and politics, we value being biblically literate and genuinely Christian.
In the midst of life's very real challenges we're bringing bible-believing tradition and family-centered worship together in compelling community. We invite you to visit and experience the difference for yourself.
If you’d like to visit, our meeting times are:
- Sunday 10am – Bible School. This 50-minute teaching time is oriented toward topical studies, family life, marriage, raising children, and other timely issues. It's Sunday School for the whole family of God.
- Sunday 11:00am – Sunday Worship. This 90+ minute gathering makes ample time for testimonies, sharing needs, prayer, congregational singing, and time together in the word of God.
- Wednesday 7:00pm - Mid-week Worship. Prayer, praise and instruction from the word of God, with a healthy dose of fellowship and encouragement. We finish at 8:30 with food, laughter, and snacks.
- Activities. You can view many of our other activities, bible studies and events here.
- Messages. You can view the content of the Sunday morning messages here.
- Beliefs. You can learn more about what we believe here.
We pray you discover a friendly welcome when you visit and a sincere assembly of believers in love with Jesus and each other, who are earnest in edifying and equipping believers, the evangelism of the souls of men, and in everything, at all times, the exaltation of Jesus Christ. We look forward to meeting you, and hope that Shelby Center Church will be a place you can truly call home. Thank you!
Pastor Steven Pawley